A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Sunday, March 18, 2007

My 8 Point @ Homewood Hunting Club

This is me with my third 8pt. taken in Mike's Patch at Homewood Hunting Club in 03'. He stepped out after I was on the stand for three hours and could not believe my eyes! It was a nice rack and I decided to shoot it with my .270 Ruger. After I shot at this buck, another buck stepped out with a higher rack, but wanted this one and he just stood there! So I shot again and he ran off into the woods. The other 8pt. stood there for a few seconds and took off. (Not everyday you see two 8pts. in the same field, at least not at this camp). I waited a while and walked over to the edge of the woods and walked in about 25 yards and there he was laying on the ground. I flagged where he went in and got on the 4-wheeler to get Bob. We waited for the others to come out to help us. Below is a picture of my deer loaded onto the back of one of the hunters 4-wheeler.
The rest of the story................

Bob and I believe this is the same 8pt. that I saw in the field with my 8pt. that day back in 03'. Bob harvested this one in 04' in the same field.

A close up picture of Bob's 8pt. Look how high the rack is.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I noticed that the workers got there today at the crack of noon. By Tuesday? I don't think so!

Marian Ann Love said...

I don't think so either...whatever!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...