A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

My Proud Dad


My Dad and I with my first deer, a six point buck, after being on the stand for only five minutes. Dad was so proud of me! At the time this picture was taken, he was staying at my sister's home in Bovina, MS. Bob and I were taking my deer all over town showing it off to family and friends. As you can see, I still had blood on my face. I actually reached down and put the blood on my face myself. (It was opening morning and there was a big thunderstorm and all the hunters left except Bob and I. When the storm subsided, we went into the woods to hunt). It was a very exciting moment for me and I have been hooked now for over 20 years and still enjoy it as much as I did the first day I went deer hunting!

3 comments:

Editor said...

a beautiful picture and a memorable trophy.

Marian Ann Love said...

Thank you Rex....

Anonymous said...

Good for you for the blood on the face. All of my Kids and Grandkids get a blood mark on their faces when they kill their first Deer. I did too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...