A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Monday, June 25, 2007

Sir Ugly!



My girlfriend, Lynn and I were hunting together on a cold December weekend back in 1991, at Brown's Point Hunting Club on King's Point Island, near the Mississippi River, when I shot this ugly deer. It came out in a long deep draw and just stood there...Like....please shoot me, because I'm so ugly! No does want me! We both thought it was a doe and I decided to shoot and it dropped. We waited and saw that it was not dead and slowly walked down the draw to the deer. Could not believe as we got closer, that it was a 7 pt. buck! I had a .22 pistol on me and Lynn said that she wanted to finish the hunt. Bob was hunting down from us and when he heard the shot, he came to check on us. Before he saw the deer, I told him that I had just shot the ugliest deer in the woods. He laughed and said, I got to see this ugly deer. When he approached the deer, he wholeheartly agreed. I had him mounted on a plaque and Sir Ugly now has a place of honor in our home.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Marain.I just now figured out that I must enter numbers for this to print! My other notes did not show. Anyway please forgive me for not writing you and Bob a letter to tell you how much fun Rex and I had with you! YET!! I am in the process of gathering a few things for you and Bob(who have everything!) and this is taking longer than I anticipated.Rex keeps telling me that what I got isn't right!We are looking for perfection for you and Bob because you two were the Perfect Hosts and Friends! I'll be sending them along soon! Love you, Denise

Anonymous said...

He certainly wouldn't win any deer beauty contests.

Still, he ended up being presented nicely.

Marian Ann Love said...

Thanks Denise...you and Rex mean a lot to Bob and I...We love you both! Looking forward to seeing you all real soon!

Marian Ann Love said...

Thanks kristine for coming by...yes, we did him proud!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...