A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Hunting Buddies!


This picture was also taken in November 1994. I believe it may have been the same day or the next day. Fred Harris, myself and Billy Boykin, Sr. My hunting buddies!

I found this picture of Fred Harris and I this morning while looking through some old hunting photos. This is an 8-point that I harvested at Brown's Point Hunting Club on Kings Point Island, north of Vicksburg, in 1994. At this camp you could only harvest a buck and a doe. On this particular hunt Fred told me that I could shoot his buck. He is such a kind and sweet man. He was also the camp president. I felt honored that he would give me his buck. Bob was in the deer stand with me on the Mississippi River when this buck was running with two does in some tall brush. All I had was a neck shot and I took it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good post. Treasure these memories. It is good you are writing them down!

Marian Ann Love said...

Thanks jon...Rex has encouraged me to write it down. He is a good mentor and friend.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...