A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Friday, July 20, 2007

The Power of Schmooze Award!


I'm honored and flattered by getting The Power of Schmooze Award from Denny at Backwoods Drifter on Wednesday, July 18. The Schmooze Award is given to bloggers who get involve and make an effort to connect and get to know others in the blogosphere. When you receive this award, you are supposed to choose 5 people who really help grow the blogosphere community. Here are my picks for the prestigious Schmoozer award!

1. Charming, Just Charming ~GuyK is from the west central coast of Florida. I recently met GuyK in person with his lovely wife, Penny. He is a down-to-earth good person. His blog is about (as he puts it) weird sense of humor and others claim I have no sense. Both are probably right. Charmin', just flipping charmin'. His "Just For Glee" is so funny it will keep you in stitches!

2. Outdoors with Norm ~Norm lives in Maine and has variety of things to read about. They include his daily devotionals, his family household, fishing, hunting, kids corner and of course, the great outdoors!

3. Huntersouthafrica ~Jan lives in Centurion, Gauteng, ZA, and is an avid hunter who has hunted in the sparse open spaces of the Karoo, which was a very challenging feat in itself. He also has a website at Huntersouthafricam.com.

4. Barbarama ~Bob, what about Bob? As he writes - he is your precription for humor! Bob is a journalist and lives in Southern California. I came upon his blog at the Blogger's Choice Awards site and he is nominated for Best Humor Award. We need a lot of laughter in our lives. :)

5. Ask Sister Mary Martha ~Sister Mary Martha has a good sense of humor also. She was nominated for Best Religion Award by Blogger's Choice. Being a Catholic nun, and the fact that I attended a Catholic school and was taught by the Sisters of Mercy for twelve years, it caught my eye and I started reading her blog. She says life is tough, but nuns are tougher! If you need any helpful advice just ask, but don't expect any sympathy!

My thanks to everyone who visits my blog site everyday. You have encouraged me to strive to be a good blogger and you're interested in my little corner of the world! A very special thanks to my mentor!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the shoutout. Very cool of you, even if you have altered both my identity and sex.

:)

Have a great weekend.

BOBbarama.

Hee hee

Marian Ann Love said...

You are welcome Bob or bobbarama?? -you're a hoot! :)

Othmar Vohringer said...

I see you got The Power of Schmooze Award too. Congratulations you deserve it.

-Othmar Vohringer-

Marian Ann Love said...

Thank you Othmar!

GUYK said...

Thanks Marian. It does mean a lot to me that people think highly enough of me and my humble bit of sXXX and wit to give me an award...and this one is a special award to me because it is something that I do believe in..the blog world and encouraging others to get in it.

I have met more wonderful people from all walks of life and from all over the USA through the blogs..it is something that just couldn't of happened prior to the internet.

Anonymous said...

Sister Mary Martha looks like she's a hoot. I popped over and read a bit of her blog.

I'm not Catholic, or even terribly religious, but she seems to have a lot of common sense, plus she is funny.

Thanks for pointing that blog out.

Marian Ann Love said...

You deserve it GuyK! :)

kristine - thanks for coming by and checking Sister Martha out...she is rather funny.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...