A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Monday, July 23, 2007

XXX (Triple X)



Here are a couple of photos that Bob took of me while on his deer stand called, "XXX" (Triple X). The stand was located at the north end of Brown's Point Hunting Club on Kings Point Island, north of Vicksburg. Note the rope around the stand. Occasionally, the Mississippi River would come up into the area and the rope helped to keep it from floating away. The stand had belonged to Willis Dykes, past president of the deer camp and his Dad before him. Both have past on and Bob is no longer a member now, but Greg (my step-son) is still hunting the area. Not far from this stand is where I shot my first 8 point buck. I never harvested a deer from XXX, but Bob had harvested several. I saw a lot of deer the morning before I got on stand No. 63 to harvest my 8 point. I told Bob I saw a herd of does and a 4 pt. buck go by and he suggested we switch stands. That evening before I shot my 8 point, three nice does came within 20 yards of my stand and about 40 minutes later my 8 point buck stepped out! All good things come to those who wait! What a sweetthing!

2 comments:

Editor said...

neat stand! and good post

Marian Ann Love said...

Thanks Rex!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...