A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Friday, October 26, 2007

Hunting With My Grandsons!

Bob took this picture of Stephen and I, at Homewood Hunting Club in Claiborne County, back in December 2005. I really enjoy taking my grandsons hunting with me. Stephen is the oldest and will be 18 next month. Carlton "Carl" is 17 now and Michael "Ethan" is 13 years old. Stephen has harvested a nice 8 pt. and doe and Carl a nice 5 pt. Ethan has been invited to the famous Christmas Place Plantation and Hunting Club in the Mississippi Delta for a Youth Hunt in a few weeks. Hopefully, Ethan will get his first deer. I took Ethan last year hunting the weekend of Youth Hunt to my camp at Jasper Bottom in Claiborne County, but no luck! We are hoping his luck will change this year. I feel very fortunate and proud to be able to take my grandsons hunting with me and to teach them hunting skills. It is an experience that I would not trade for anything in the world. One day I hope they will look back and have fond memories of their Grandmother "Gran Gran" taking them hunting! This has to be a sweetthing!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to agree, Marian, it is wonderful that you have the opportunity to make these memories with your grandchildren. The love of hunting and the outdoors is something they will hopefully pass down to their kids.

Marian Ann Love said...

Thanks Kristine..you know, you can't erase memories!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...