A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Sunday, October 28, 2007

David's Colorado Elk Hunt

Sunday Morning Church Services





Bear tracks at the privy!!



Tracks from the cougar who wanted me!!!!
(Note the tail marks in the snow....)

The bear who wanted my bratwursts....

Here are some incredible and beautiful pictures that was sent to me over the weekend via e-mail from David, "IronKnees" a friend of mine, whom I met about 8 years ago thru the Internet. David is a retired airline pilot and lives in Indiana with his wife Becky. He has hunted elk, wild boar and deer. He is also an expert on reloading bullets and you can checkout his website at Handloading for Hunting.

David and his friends recently returned from a Colorado elk hunt with the Christian Outdoor Fellowship of America (COFA). He quotes, "We had spring, summer, winter, fall, and hurricane force winds". It was truly a life changing experience... Especially the part about singled out and stalked by the mountain lion which I'm now convinced was going on for a few days...
He has given me permission to share these photos with you. Will have some more to bring you during the week as he shares more of his rewarding Colorado elk hunt with me.

3 comments:

JDP said...

Bear tracks at the Privy! I bet that got everyones attention.

JDP

Marian Ann Love said...

I bet so!!! LOL

Mike Shimniok said...

Wow... that's quite the adventure. Re: the bear & mtn lion... maybe I should've waited to read this until *after* going on my 1st elk hunt in Colorado :) We're not camping so I guess I don't get to see bear tracks near the privvy... yikes...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...