A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

My First Anniversary!!!

Today, November 7, 2007, is the first anniversary of my blog here at BLOGGER. I have come a long way in one year. I started blogging because my next door neighbor Tricia had a blog called "Tricia Dishes." I really enjoyed reading hers, so I decided to start me one. I already had a MySpace site devoted to hunting, but I wanted to do more. That's when Marian's Hunting Stories, etc., etc., etc. was born. As you can see from the archives I did not blog from December 2006 to the end of January 2007. I lost interest in my blog that quick. On January 29, 2007, on my website, A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter, a nice guy came by from a forum and signed my guestbook. (When anyone leaves me a message, I always try to write them back and thank them). This person was also a Mississippian and through his e-mails and calls, he encouraged me to write more about my hunting experiences, etc. Since then, he has become my mentor and a very good friend to both my husband and I. I can truly say that he is a fine southern gentleman and you could not meet a nicer person. You all know him by the name of Rex/Editor over at Deer Camp Blog. If it wasn't for him, I would not be here today writing my first anniversary message to you. My sincere thanks to you Rex! :)

10 comments:

JDP said...

Happy first anniversary!

JDP

Marian Ann Love said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marian Ann Love said...

Thanks JDP - I appreciate you and your comment! :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! I love reading your blog and seeing a woman hunter who you can tell adores her family. You have great family pictures.

Editor said...

Happy Anniversary, my great friend.
Looking forward to seeing you Saturday and want to send you a sneak peak of my Christmas Card.
You will love it.
I could not have found a better and truer friend.

Marian Ann Love said...

Thanks for the comment Jody - my family is my life! I'm so glad that you come by to visit me.


Thanks Rex - looking forward to this weekend. Can't wait to see you, Denise & family again. I know I will love the Christmas Card with Thunderhoof in it!
Same here my friend. :)

Andy said...

Congratulations Marian! Rex does do a fine job of supporting and encouraging his fellow bloggers. Good luck this weekend.

Marian Ann Love said...

Thanks Andy for coming by and your good wishes. Yes, he does a fine job of supporting his fellow bloggers and if you ever met him you would understand what I talking about. Hopefully, we will all meet up at the Outdoor Bloggers Summit in St. Louis, MO, and have a wonderful time talking about hunting, fishing, etc., etc.

Anonymous said...

Happy First Anniversary Marian. I so glad that Rex was able to encourage you to keep blogging. I enjoy reading your stories.

Marian Ann Love said...

Thank you kristine...I have met so many nice people like you through Rex. Looking forward to seeing soon at our Outdoor Bloggers Summit. Appreciate you coming by and visiting me everyday! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...