A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

My First Deer Stand


Pictures of me on my first deer stand (Marian's Stand) taken the hunting season of 1986, which was located on the Big Black River in Claiborne County, at Jasper Bottom Hunting Club. The stand is no longer there because of the river overflowing its banks and logging. I was only about 50 yards from the edge of the river bank. Of course, if I did not hunt this stand, another hunter could sign up for it. At my deer camp we have a book to sign in and out of. If we harvested a buck you enter the weight and number of points and if a doe, the weight and if she was lactating or not. You sign out when you left the camp after hunting. I now have a new stand on the top field which is metal. It is within walking distance of the camp house. I have been a member of this camp for over 22 years now. My hunting dues is a case of Jack Daniels! Charming, Just Charming!

6 comments:

GUYK said...

BAWAHAHAHAHA

Back when I was drinking that Jack Black I didn't care whether I saw a buck or not..too much trouble to drag out of the woods.

Andy said...

Sounds like the club has good taste! I won't touch it when I'm hunting, but it sure warms you up after a long cold day in the woods.

Marian Ann Love said...

Andy - I think it takes the camp chief a whole year to drink ole Jack down. When I'm hunting, I don't touch the stuff either.

Thanks to you and GuyK for coming by...enjoyed your comments! :)

JDP said...

Did you get a deer out of that stand? Looks like a good place to hunt.

JDP

Marian Ann Love said...

Yes I did...quite a few. My first deer (6 Pt.) was taken from this stand after being on it for 5 mins. It was opening day and it had been raining, thundering, the whole ten yards, and all the other hunters left and went home. Bob and I waited it out. We got on the 3-wheeler, went in and Bob dropped me off and he went down from me and had just got to his stand and lit a cigarette and my gun went off. He thought I may have pulled the trigger by mistake. When he found me, I had blood all over my face...I initiated my own self..and I told him I shot a deer and could not find it. He said, "It looked like it had shot me!" The rest is history! :)

Editor said...

Nowadays I am sure you would have a gun rest all the way around.
Glad you keeping posting your pics from all your hunting adventures etc, etc, etc.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...