A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Sunday, November 18, 2007

No Hunting Today

I did not go deer hunting this morning. After I got in last night from an all day hunt, I was on wipe out. It has only been a month and two days since my surgery, and my body was talking to me. I went to bed at 10:00 last night and woke up at 8:30 this morning. WOW, I needed the rest. I knew we were suppose to have rain and possible thunder showers today with high temps in the low 70s. I have hunted in the rain before and harvested deer, but thunderstorms turn me off. Since I have a steel stand...you get the picture! We will be heading up to the northeastern part of MS, near Houston, on Tuesday to spend Thanksgiving week with some friends. They have also invited us to deer hunt on their land, which is adjacent to the Natchez Trace Parkway, and will make for good hunting. Bob and I are looking forward to getting away and possibly harvesting a deer or two. That would be a sweetthing!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...