A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Saturday, December 22, 2007

Missed 10-pt. Buck!

This is Kelle Griffith who was hunting with her Dad, Andy. Kelle is 11 years old and last season harvested two does. Yay, another upcoming huntress! I took her picture while Andy and my grandson, Carl (who's 17 years old), were looking again for his deer he shot at. It was an 10-point buck off of my stand on the top field! He said around 5:00 p.m. he was getting cold and decided to come off my stand. As he was stretching, he turned to his left and saw a buck coming up out of a bottom, which probably came off of Mill Pond, which is another club next to our camp. As the buck was about to cross the road, Carl said he got the binoculars out and counted the horns and saw it was a 10-pt. He said he whistled at the deer to make him stop walking. It was a 140 yard shot but there was a lot of overhanging tree limbs from him to the deer. After he shot, he got down to look for the deer, but no luck. We all surmised after helping him look for the deer again, that the bullet was deflected by a branch. Carl was disappointed that he missed and so was I, but it was exciting that he saw a 10-point buck. I enjoyed hunting with my grandson, even though he did not get the big one, but the time spent together was priceless!

I took this picture of me while hunting. Bob and I have the same face mask, which is attached to the hat, that we use. It's made by Advantage Timber and very concealing.
This is looking to right side of the stand where I came in on the four-wheeler. A good area to hunt, but nothing walked out.

This is what I was looking out at on the left side of my stand (F-4) which is the same one I was in for the film documentary(posted Dec. 17). To the right is another camp called "Homewood" that is backed up against my camp, Jasper Bottom Hunting Club. I heard a shot off of Homewood about 5:15.

3 comments:

JDP said...

Somebody needs to plant some oats or wheat in those open pastures for you Marian.

JDP

Marian Ann Love said...

I know.....need to talk to the Chief!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...