A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Carl got a doe the hard way!

I hope one day I can take my great-grandson hunting with me! That would be so cool! :)

Congratulations Carl!

This afternoon Carl, 17, and I were invited over to my granddaughter's home to hunt on their family land. Around 5:00 I heard Carl shoot my .270. He said their was a yearling, a doe and an 8 pt. together. He aimed for the neck of the 8-pt. and they all just stood there. He shot again and missed the 8 pt. and the doe fell. A family member came to help him with the doe and when they were getting the deer, he tripped and fell backwards and hit his head on dry clay bed trying to cross a small creek. He had a big knot on his head and a headache to boot. When I took his picture with his doe later he was not feeling very well. He said he pulled the gun up in front of him and when he fell the gun came across his chest and the barrel hit him across his nose and forehead and hit his glasses. I called to checked on him to see how he was doing, and my daughter, Kathy, said he was resting okay. Tomorrow I will check to see if my gun has been knocked off. This Thursday is the last day for gun season with dogs, so I am in a crunch to get another deer and my daughter wants to try again to harvest a deer. Primitive weapons picks up until the end of this month. I will not be hunting during this time. After my hunt, which I did not see anything, I got to spend some quality time with my newest great-grandson, Ina. That was a sweetthing!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...