A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

No Deer Luck

As I was walking to stand (F-6) that I was going to get on, I took this picture of where the does came out the other day when Kathy overshot. I paced it off at 250 yards. Possibly my gun was off at that time and that is a long shot even for an experienced hunter. One of the hunters said that he has missed deer at that range and he has hunted over 22 years at the camp. At about five minutes after five I had a spike to come out and walk behind my stand and stopped to put his nose up in the air several times. I had my gun on the ledge of the stand and just froze until he turned around and came back about 25 yards and turned and walked back into the woods. I never spooked him. I was hoping a doe would walk out, but never saw anything else in the great outdoors!

Kathy and I got down to the deer camp and signed in around 2:30. We were the only ones there. I noticed on the sign-in sheet that the hunters had a drive the day before. So I figured they had drove all the deer into the next county! I took Kathy up to the top field and set her up on my stand next to the road where the infamous 10-point has been spotted and wounded. I took this picture of her before I left on the four-wheeler and wished her goodhunting. As luck had it, she did not see a deer at all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry you didn't get any deer. At least you got to spend some time with your daughter.

Marian Ann Love said...

Yes kristine...that is so important! Thanks for coming by to see me again. Have a good day! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...