A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Saturday, May 17, 2008

The Olds Ranch

About 15 years ago while in Santa Fe, NM, visiting my step-daughter and her family, we took a trip outside Santa Fe to a ranch up in the mountains called, The Olds Ranch. David Olds and his family owned this mountain top and during the winter would bring in hunters to hunt elk, bear whatever. We got to the top of the mountain by a rough and rocky road in a Bronco truck. At times it was pretty steep and could not believe we passed a speeding sign...of course was a fun joke. We all got a kick out of that one. We were told at the base of the mountain was a Wildlife Reserve....how sweet! As my daughter and I were walking around near the cabin, I came across this old wagon and took a picture of it. After I took this picture we heard some bells ringing and could not figure out where it was coming from, when all of a sudden two horses came running past us. Never heard of horses having bells on before but may have been their pets and was a way to hear them coming. The scenery was so breathtaking! This is one of my favorite pictures that I have taken while visiting my family out in the wild, wild west! This is a sweetthing in our great outdoors!

1 comment:

Tom Sorenson said...

Looks like an awesome place!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...