A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Friday, June 06, 2008

Just A Little Closer

A friend of mine sent me this photo of a turkey hunt…which of course did not look right! So I e-mailed him back to see what the story was behind it. He told me that the turkey’s name is Tom and is a pet. The owner’s name is Marvin and his wife took this picture. Tom has been trained whereby you can pick him up and carry him around, plus he will follow you around if you call him. The turkey of course was not killed but when Tom saw his Master Marvin in CAMO he started running for the hills in our great outdoors!
Charming, Just Charming!

4 comments:

Tom Sorenson said...

A pet turkey! Well, I think I've seen just about everything, now!

Marian Ann Love said...

Only in Mississippi Tom! :)

Max-e said...

I had two two turkey hens I raised from chicks. Their names were Wishbone and Drumstick and would come when called. They loved going for walks with us and I even took them for a ride in the back of the Land Rover. They would perch on the edge of the seat quiet happily. They loved their people

CDGardens said...

I am beginning to think we are going to have a pet tom. He keeps hanging around the yard. Getting closer and closer to the house. Just hope he doesn't take to sitting on the car. ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...