A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Thursday, June 19, 2008

A MS Country Girls Night Out

A friend of mine, a former policeman, sent me this picture the other day and wanted to share it with you. He said, “Well, here in Mississippi, we take good care of our children, young, or not so young. I was at a friend’s house the other night when the following conversation took place.

Daughter: “Hey Maw, I want to go out tonight.”

Mother: “Where are ya'll going ?”

Daughter: “To the cowboy bar on the edge of Port Gibson.”

Mother: “I really don't think you should sugar. There's been a lot of trouble at that place. I heard there was a fight there last weekend, and a mess o’ folks got hurt.

Daughter: “But mom!! Please!! It'll be okay.”

Mother: “No!! Y’all’s life is more important than going out!”

Daughter: “But Mama….PLEASE.… "Tina" is going with us... ??”

Mother: "Why didn’t you say so in the first place, girl? I reckon it’ll be okay. Y’all have fun!”

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...