A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Friday, July 04, 2008

Fireworks in Downtown Vicksburg


This picture I took looks like birds flying in the air!



The City of Vicksburg officials expected 12,000 people to show up tonight to kick off Vicksburg's July Fourth celebration with the Still Surfin: Beach Boys (tribute band concert) on Levee Street at the Old Yazoo & Mississippi Valley Railroad Depot. I believe all 12,000 people were there - PLUS! The fireworks started at 9:00 and lasted 22 minutes over the Yazoo Diversion Canal. A very nice turnout and the weather was just perfect. May God Bless America!

6 comments:

JDP said...

Great photos Marian, I really like the "birds" flying in the air.

JDP

Marian Ann Love said...

Thanks JDP for coming by...yes, it is different...I guess it must have been formed by a time exposer thing. :)

Michele said...

Your fireworks photography is awesome... spectacular colors. Very pretty to see!
Mountain Retreat Photos

Marian Ann Love said...

Thanks Michele...I'm happy that they turned out as well as they did considering the location we were at. I just zoom in and got lucky. Thanks for coming by my friend! :)

The Hunter's Wife said...

Thanks Marian! I hope you all had a great 4th as well. Beautiful pictures!

Anonymous said...

I like the birds picture.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...