A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Monday, September 08, 2008

Busy/Fun Weekend at Camp

Rex and his faithful companion, Camo

Rex bush hogging near the Privy Stand.

Mark holding the ladder for Rex while he works on getting a window frame out for better viewing at the Headquarters Stand.

Rex showing a wild berry that is very tasty and plentiful at the Deer Camp. No wonder the deer love to hang out at the Christmas Place!

Rex cutting up a log laying across the road. There were plenty of down trees since tropical storm Gustav made it's way through the Delta last weekend and made some of the roads impassable at the camp.

Rex's Dad took me by the Duck Pond to show me the millet that was planted for the ducks!

Rex's Dad let me sit with him while he dove hunted with his dog Trigger in the great outdoors.

5 comments:

Editor said...

thanks for the link and pics!
had a great time with you and will have your stand ready as soon as I get back from Ireland.

Marian Ann Love said...

You are welcome my friend..you and Denise have a great trip to Ireland and be safe!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures. Looks like a fun weekend!

CDGardens said...

Absolutely wonderful pictures!

Othmar Vohringer said...

Great post and pictures. Each time you show pictures of the Christmas Plantations I am itching to take up Rex’s open invitation. I have to make it next year or else I never will be able to rest. What a wonderful place.

-ov-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...