A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Monday, October 13, 2008

A Camp Day


Old antique iron stove under the woodshed at the camp.

In my stand checking out my shooting lane.
Food plot going to my stand.

Bob on our 4-wheeler at his stand

Berries by Bob's Stand

Yesterday, Bob and I spent most of the day getting the camper ready and trimming brush from around our deer stands. We had just pulled up to our camper when one of the hunters came out of the woods and told us that he did not know who's stand that was on the road at the fork, but there has been a real nice 8 point crossing there. He said he has seen it on three different occasions. I told him that it was my stand! I was excited to hear about this. The food plot is looking good and got up in the stand to check my shooting lane. Had to do a lot of clearing and when the leaves fall off will be more visible. Hopefully, the 8 pt. buck will have my name on it. Speaking of 8 pt. buck, we saw a nice one laying in the medium of the highway coming to the camp, no more than a mile and half away from the camp across from River Region Hospital. You usually see a dead doe or fawn but hardly ever an nice buck.

Chuck and Trey Thornton

We also met some newcomers to the camp like us. As we were working on our stands, Chuck and his son Trey, came by as they were riding around checking the camp roads out. Also, Richard Jordon has joined the camp as a newcomer and is friends of the Thornton's. To Bob's surprise they both new one another from hunting together at Brown's Point on King's Point Island, back in the 80's and early 90's. He also remembered that Bob's nickname was Two Dogs.

Richard Jordon

We really got a lot accomplished and the next time we go to the camp, will ride around and explore the layout of the camp while the hunters are in for a break from bowhunting in our great outdoors.

8 comments:

CDGardens said...

Sounds like a a great day. Boy, Marian I am waiting to see that 8 point buck coming home with you! ;)

Marian Ann Love said...

Me too....we need the meat!!! :)

GUYK said...

good luck on that big one!

Anonymous said...

Here's hoping the 8 point has your name on it. I'll keep a positive thought for you.

Anonymous said...

You know you're giving me the itch don't you!?

I wish there was an affordable hunting camp around here, but too many other priorities for this family man... One of these day just maybe there will be a lttle more time and money so I can do something for me. When that will be, well hopefully I won't be too old...lol

Anonymous said...

anonymous, by the way, was me...
Dang these new fangled contraptions... hit the wrong thing and..

Marian Ann Love said...

Thanks for coming by GuyK, kristine and Big Al. I hope I get the big one too! Want be long now. Maybe one day you can get in a hunting camp Big Al - Appreciate your visit! :)

JDP said...

Looks like yall are just about ready Marian. Hope you get that 8 point.

JDP

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...