A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Friday, October 17, 2008

Vicksburg Reader's Pix

Betsy Scott grabbed this close-up of a donkey on the levee between Eagle Lake and Lake Chotard. She said the animal simply “ran toward” her car and circled it, before following it when it pulled away. “It seemed lost and begging for a ride home,” she said.

Don Brown found this hawk resting on a bird feeder in his yard on Woodstone Drive.
Nellie Caldwell said her husband made this bird habitat from an old shoe in his yard. The bird took advantage.
A tree frog nearly blends in with the grass in Carol Coleman's back yard off Woodside Drive.
Evana also found this beautiful trio of butterflies at Rocky Springs Park.
Evana Davis found this toad in a cup!
In our paper, The Vicksburg Post, you can submit a picture and if it is good enough, will be posted at the top of the Classified Section of the Sunday paper. Here are a few that I thought were excellent pictures taken by readers in and around Vicksburg. I want to toot my own horn and say that I have had a few myself. See what you think! Charming, Just Charming!

4 comments:

CDGardens said...

That bird house is realy a neat idea!

Goodness I could certainly see why the birds wouldn't come to eat at the bird feeder - they could end up as lunch. ;)

Marian Ann Love said...

Thanks CD for coming by...also like your profile pic. Now I know what to do my my camo croc shoes. I already have a hole in one from wearing them all the time. I love my camo crocs! :) Didn't think about the hawk sitting on the birder feeder waiting for lunch. How clever of the ole bird!!! :)

CDGardens said...

The picture is of the Oak in our front yard. It was taken after a summer storm when the sun was setting. Just feel it fits.

A camo croc birdhouse. what a neat idea! ;)

Marian Ann Love said...

I will take a picture of it for you when I reluctantly give it up...OK??? :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...