A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Monday, November 24, 2008

Hunting Bob's Box Stand

Hunting out of Bob's box stand on the ground. Two yearlings came out across the road from the left and fed and left the same way they came in. Need to clip the branch that is obstructing the view. When I scoped one of the yearlings the branch was in the way.

Bobby showing off his nice 122 lbs. doe.

Bob and I did an afternoon hunt at the HWY 61 North Hunting Club yesterday. He decided to hunt off of our 4-wheeler in another area and I hunted off of his box stand. Had several hunters to go by and one was Bobby. When Bob came to pick me up Bobby drove by with his doe that he had just harvested. The doe weighed 122 lbs. Bob did not see anything but I saw two yearlings that came out about 5:05 and fed for about 15 minutes. Yesterday morning one of the hunters had shot a 140 lb. doe while walking down the road to his stand. It was in the same area where I was hunting. It could possibly be the yearlings mama. We will most likely go back Thursday afternoon and hunt the rest of the week in our great outdoors!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...