A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Saturday, November 22, 2008

No Deer On Opening Day!

Looking up from my deer stand. It was 24 degrees early this morning! Brrrrr

Sitting in my deer stand waiting and waiting...need to get that big limb midway cut down.

Got on my stand about 6:30, a little late considering I got up at 4:30. Did not sleep very well in our new camper. Just wasn't my own bed. Did not see a deer but had two hunters come by on their 4-wheelers with a doe which weighed in at 115 lbs. and a 7 pt. buck at 170 lbs. Did not get a picture of them. As I was heading back to the camp, they were leaving taking them to the processor. They did take a Polaroid and will try and see if I can bring it home and scan it. I did see the 7 pt. on one of the hunters camera phone. A really nice buck. Bob did not see anything either. It was fun telling our hunting stories and eating together at the big camphouse last night and at lunch today. Everyone has a CB radio and I knew a 7 point was down and the doe was taken down from me. They radio me to be looking for it since it was coming in my direction after it was shot. After the afternoon hunt, we decided to come home and rest up and go back tomorrow and do an afternoon hunt. The hunting club is only 15 minutes from the house due north of Vicksburg in our great outdoors!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Any day outdoors is a great day! I know your have a good time. Get some pictures!

Marian Ann Love said...

Thanks Big Al....you are so right! Everyday is a blessed day! Thanks for coming by - will try a get a pic up on that 7 pt.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...