A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Sunday, January 11, 2009

No Excuses...

A deer track at the farm south of town.

Getting ready to check and zero in my .270 rifle.

Greg checking the target at 100 yards.

I was off 3 inches low and Bob 3 inches high.

Bob and Greg at the farm zeroing in the guns.

Yesterday morning bright and early we all headed down to the farm south of town to zero in our guns. I went first and my gun was off 3 inches low and I was pulling to the left Greg said at 100 yards. Bob was 3 inches high. Now we have our guns on target and I'm going this afternoon to hunt at Jasper Bottom Hunting Club. I hope a deer walks out and so I can shoot and know that I'm not getting rusty in my old age. That would be pitiful! We were shooting Federal Premium 130 grain Sierra Game King BTSP and Bob wanted to try the Winchester 130 grain power-point bullets. My step-son Greg said that he will reload bullets for next season for us. Bob used to reload bullets but since his stroke, gave the reloading bench to Greg. I recently missed two does with 5 shots last week at the Christmas Place Hunting Club and hope this is all corrected now. We only have this weekend and next and it will be the end of the rifle season. Muzzle load picks up till the end of January. I plan to do a lot of target practice this year starting with my .22 rife.

5 comments:

deerslayer said...

Marian; If you both shoot 3 inches off in opposite directions just swap guns ( haha ). Sorry to hear about your misses but those things happen and life goes on. Hope you get yourself a big one by close of season and be safe out there but have fun and enjoy yourself while in the woods.

Marian Ann Love said...

Hey, why didn't I think of that! We have one more week of rifle season and that's it. Hate to think we will be DEER LESS!!

Anonymous said...

Hope you got one Sunday. If not, don't give up!

CDGardens said...

I am in the cheering section Marian...Will be looking forward to deer pictures. ;)

Marian Ann Love said...

I hope you get to see them...Thanks my friend! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...