A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Australian Christmas Wreath

Wanted to share this beautiful picture of God's creatures with you. This delightful circle was taken at Lamington National Park, west of the Gold Coast. These are native Australian mountain parrots, the red and blue kind are crimson rosella and the red and green are King Parrots. They are feasting on sunflower seed which Matthew Watt had left for them, but did not expect them to form such a perfect ring. This guy on the bottom is about to jump into the center, to the discontent of the other birds in the great wild outdoors!

2 comments:

gary said...

I think you'd call that a living, breathing flower. Awesome color.

Kathleen said...

just to let you know this picture is going around the world - I just got it sent to me from my Uncle in West Virginia USA and I live in Oklahoma USA - image did not appear so I Googled the title and found your blog ;-)

Thanks for sharing your excellent photo with the world

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...