A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Iowa State Memorial





I'm dedicating this post to my very good friend, CDGardens at Timber Life, who lives in Iowa. The Iowa State Memorial is approximately a mile and half from the Alabama Monument and almost at the end of the south loop. This is really a beautiful monument. My grandmother, mother, aunts and uncles used to live in a house behind this monument years ago and was told many stories by my mother. I guess this is why it's one of my favorites. The monument was dedicated on November 15, 1906 and construction completed in 1912 at a cost of $100,000.

4 comments:

"his-self" said...

Great pics the last couple of days!

Marian Ann Love said...

Thanks his-self for coming by and glad you have enjoyed the pics. I enjoyed taking them and later on might do some more monuments when I run out of something to blog about. I need to come by and visit you...it's been awhile.

CDGardens said...

Thank you Marian for taking pictures of the Iowa Memorial for me to see.

I think it is beautiful! ;)

CDGardens said...

Oh yes, comment part 2...Thank you for the mention too! ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...