A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Saturday, August 15, 2009

More of Dave's Cam Pics

I received these pictures from Dave this morning and I believe his cam is off a month by looking at his pictures.

Hi all...just wanted to share a precious few pictures...Only got five shots on a two-week soak, but I notice now that the deer are in the corn... Ran into three heavy feeder trails just getting back to the camera, so they are in there eating corn and not visiting my salt licks quite so much right now...HOPE YOU ENJOY Dave

A curious little fawn is investigating the camera...
One subject that has always fascinated me is orbs caught on camera and what they may be... One interesting thing that has been noticed by researchers is that animals do seem to see them even though we do not...Here, the deer certainly seems to be looking at it...

This is our old friend Raspberry...or at least I think it is...Raspberry has two fawns born in late May or early July, but if I didn't know better, I would say this doe is pregnant...Perhaps it's another doe with the double white throat patch...However, Raspberry is getting long in the tooth so to speak, and if you look at the nose on this doe, you will see that it is long, dark, and beginning to show that so-called Roman shape which distinguishes older deer from younger ones...Also the "square" or slab-sided body shape is an age give-away...


D. Robert (Dave) Quick
MY DISCUSSION FORUM: HFH DISCUSSION FORUMS
Don't tell GOD how big your storm is.
Tell the storm how Big your GOD is!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...