A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Sunday, October 04, 2009

Flea Market Fun

A crowd lines Cherry Street in front of the Old Court House Museum during the 27th annual Old Court House Flea Market on Saturday. Meredith Spencer ~ The Vicksburg Post

My gift from Marty Kittrell ~ Deer in the Park

Bob and I went to the Flea Market yesterday afternoon and really enjoyed ourselves. It was a great turnout with mild temps and bright sunshine for everyone. We eventually came upon a booth that I immediately recognized with the name Marty Kittrell's Photos. I had never met Marty in person but have always enjoyed his blog and was so excited to finally meet him. He is a great photographer and I have been so mesmerized by his great talent and the subjects of his pictures. He works for The Vicksburg Post and that's when I first saw his works. He has a blog now called, Marty Kittrell's Photos and he is a down to earth good Christian man who is to be admired in seeing God's hand at work through his photographs. He told me that he also met another one of our blogger friends earlier and was Janie over at Southern Lagniappe. I have never met Janie but have been in touch with her by email. I chose a beautiful collage of pictures by Marty with his signature and I'm so proud of it. He then let me pick out a picture that I would like as a gift and chose the one above of the "Deer in the Park." Thanks again Marty for letting us all enjoy your God given talents and my very special gift from you. I will always cherish it.

2 comments:

CDGardens said...

There are some interesting links posted here.

I checked out Southern Langinappe...I enjoyed her ideas for decorating doors.

Thanks for sharing. ;)

JDP said...

Marian, thanks for pointing the way to some great photos! Two of my favorite things in that photo, deer and Civil War Artillery.

JDP

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...