A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Over the River Run

Walkers and runners fill the U.S. 80 bridge Saturday morning during the 21 annual Over the River Run. (Katie Carter ~ The Vicksburg Post)

William Kazery (27 minutes, nine seconds)
Instead of running over a muddy Choctaw Trails course on Saturday morning, Clinton High School cross country coach Gary Howell had his team run over the Mississippi River.
The change of plans worked out great for William Kazery. The 17-year-old junior won his third race this year in Warren County, taking home the 21st Over the River Run overall championship out of a field of 261 runners.
A total of 603 people registered for the five-mile run, walk and one-mile fun run, and 489 finished.
My youngest daughter, Suzi and I entered this way back when and have not walked it since. It's an experience to say the least and the view is spectacular. I love walking but this was a long walk across the Mississippi River Bridge to Louisiana and back. You have to be in good physical condition to do this. I feel like my daughter Kathy and I walked over 5 miles the other day (to Louisiana and back) at the Canton Flea Market. At least the weather was a lot cooler than it was this past Thursday at 92 degrees.
My congrats to William Kazery and all the winners who took home a trophy!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...