A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Sunday, November 08, 2009

A Busy, Busy Saturday


Let the walk begin...

Mayes Lake at LeFleurs Bluff State Park.

A Mother and Son enjoying a beautiful morning at Mayes Lake.

NAMI walkers Rick Courtney with Gus, unidentified, Ethan, Bob, Mary Friley with son, BJ.

Gus

Richard 'Rick' Courtney, Certified Elder Law Attorney with Frascogna Courtney, PLLC with his therapy dog, Gus and Ethan, my grandson. Gus visits nursing homes, mental hospitals, etc., to help cheer up the disabled. Rick also has a twin daughter with a disability.

Gail and Melba that took the trip with us from Vicksburg.

I passed by this swamp area while walking.

Walkers making their way back to the finish line.

Yesterday, we attended the NAMIWALKS for the Mind of America which is a nationwide fundraising and mental health awareness program that was being held in more than 80 communities around the country including right here in Mississippi. It was expected that these walks would raise approximately 9 million dollars for NAMI and the mental health services it provides to thousands of families across the country. It was held at Mayes Lake in Jackson, MS and check-in time was 9:00 and the official walk started at 10:00 for the 4K walk. Bob, my grandson, Ethan, two other walkers, Melba and Gail and I took off around 8:00 to make the trip to Jackson. We really had a great time meeting new people and doing the walk for a worthy cause. After we came back home we went to my great grandson's 2nd Birthday party. His birthday was actually on the 4th but we celebrated with family and friends. After that we went to my granddaughter's home where Ethan could shoot my .270 a few times so he could get ready for his upcoming trip this weekend to Rex's annual Christmas Place Youth Hunt. Tomorrow I will post pictures of my Great Grandson's, Ian's, second birthday and Tuesday of Ethan shooting. Wednesday I will post my top 10 Point Award to seven outstanding outdoor bloggers, that are well deserving of this award, which was also presented to me by Rex over at Deer Camp Blog last week. Thursday I will post a surprise for you...so please stay tuned!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Marian, that sounds like a real great day for sure. We have a similiar walk here for breast cancer awareness which always get's a lot of support.
I as usual look forward to you posts.

Unknown said...

What an awesome cause!

CDGardens said...

It looks like the weather cooperated for your walk on Saturday. The swamp picture looks very peaceful... ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...