On Wednesday, November 4, 2009, I was awarded the 10 Point Award by Rex over at Deer Camp Blog for bringing the best of the outdoors to the web. I was honored and thankful to have received this award and by doing so was asked to pass this award onto 7 other bloggers. Below are my picks for the ones that are worthy of this nice award.
1. CDGardens of Timber Life - Not only is CDGardens taking pictures of nice bucks and does in her backyard, she and her husband are building a new home from the ground up! I hope she gets a tag this season and get to harvest her first deer! Good Luck with your new home and Good Hunting CDGardens!
2. Rick of Whitetail Woods - Rick lives in the northeast corner of Connecticut and recently celebrated 24 years of marriage to his wife Heidi on November 2. They are blessed with two sons. Lately, he has been counting down till opening day of deer season. Rick also enjoys spring turkey hunting and trout fishing. His blog is full of hunting stories, tips/techniques, trivia challenges, mouth watering recipes and has his own logo T-Shirt.
3. Cathy of Camp Chicken Chronicles - Cathy lives in the upper peninsular of Michigan and hunts on her Moms 80 acres with her friend Arlene. They have a nice setup with a trailer at camp and have cookouts with family and friends to come and enjoy the great outdoors. Recently, after having trails cams at the camp for most of 8 years, a BEAR appeared...oh my!
4. Jack of Long Ridge Deer Camp - Jack lives in New Hampshire and is an avid conservationist and hunter...he's also a law enforcement officer. Muzzloading season is open now and so far no luck but on the trail cam has also showed a hefty BEAR that has been making a weekly appearance. He also took some good pictures of and from his deer stand.
5. Holly of NorCal Cazadora - I have been following Holly almost from the very beginning of her blog and have watched her grow in becoming an excellent huntress. Holly hails from Sacramento, CA and recently harvested her first deer and woodie. In the 2009 Cabela's Waterfowl catalog on page 209, you'll see her and friend Sarah and the story about how they helped Cabela's develop their new Cazadora Women's Waders from the ground up.
6. Justin of Great Wild Outdoors - Justin has so many good tips and tricks on camping, hunting, fishing, hiking and kayaking. You can also find Justin on Facebook, MySpace, CamoSpace and Twitter. He gets around and has a cool Great Wild Outdoors logo.
7. Arthur and Jeff of Simply Outdoors - Two brothers from lower Michigan who enjoys fishing, hunting, and anything outdoors. They try to cover a little bit of everything on the site including deer & turkey hunting, steel head, bass, and salmon fishing, camping, and other goodies. Great entertainment from two great guys!
Now, you need to pick seven that you feel should get the 10 Point Award presented by the Christmas Place Plantation and Hunting Club.