A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Friday, November 20, 2009

Opening Day Is Tomorrow

I hope to be on my deer stand in the morning...BUT we do have a prediction of 70% rain and the high of 59 degrees. It reminds me of long ago when on opening day after Bob and I got to the camp, it started to storm. All the hunters that came, try to wait it out but after an hour or so, they all left, except Bob and I. Eventually, it stopped long enough for us to get on our ATV and go into the woods. Bob dropped me off and I walked to my stand and he went down below me and had just sat down against a tree near a creek bed, lit up a cigarette, when I shot. The deer never heard me walk in because everything was so wet. By the time I had got to my stand, sat down, put a round in, a 6 point buck was standing there looking at me. I only had a right handed shot, took a deep breath and boom! It happened that quick. Waited awhile and got down to see if I saw any blood and it was all over a limb and some leaves. I noticed how thick it was...a lung shot! Knowing that all the hunters had left, at that moment, I decided to initiate my own self and slapped blood all over my face. When Bob walked up, I told him I could not find my deer and was tracking it. He said it looked like it had shot me!!!...what a great memorable day and a really nice first deer. Hopefully, tomorrow I will be as fortunate. GOODHUNTING!

3 comments:

"his-self" said...

Good Hunting!!

Marian Ann Love said...

Thanks his-self...nice of you to stop by with good wishes. :)

CDGardens said...

Hope everything turns out this season like it did when you shot your 6-pointer. Good hunting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...