Marian's Hunting Stories, etc., etc., etc...

Marian's Hunting Stories, etc., etc., etc...
Stories of my hunting experiences with family, friends or whatever else I want to blog about.

A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Article by Fred Messina, editor of "On Target Outdoors" from The Vicksburg Evening Post on Friday, January 19, 1990. Photo by Bob Phillips.

Bob Phillips came up the other day with a photo of his wife Marian and a deer she got on Brown's Point New Years Eve. The deer was an 8-point with 16 inches of inside spread that weighed in at 190 pounds. A nice trophy in anyone's book. However, the tale Bob told is that this was Marian's fourth deer this year and he claimed that he would have done better than he did if he had not spent so much time hauling Marian's deer out of the woods. Come off it, Bob. We all know who the hunter was.

Monday, January 11, 2010

Frigid Deer Hunt





I only hunted the afternoons because it was so frigid cold while Bob and Gerald hunted both mornings and afternoons. I was taken to a site that was just off the Natchez Trace near Camp Takatoka, which belong to some friends that owned the land. I walked in with Gerald and got up in a two-man 15 foot ladder stand. He went down below me pass the field and got in another two-man stand. Here are some pictures that I took around me last Thursday evening - a field behind me with two lanes in front of me and a creek bed to my right. The deer mainly crossed over the two lanes headed to water and if you couldn't get that shot, then you wait for the deer to step into the next lane. I saw no deer that afternoon in our great outdoors. The ladder stand was attached to a pine tree and the wind really picked up that afternoon and I was swaying in the frigid breeze! Burrrrrrr

2 comments:

Matt & Alisha said...

I have given you an award. head over to my blog and check it out!

Marian Love Phillips said...

Many thanks...really appreciate you thinking of me in OK! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...