A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Monday, January 25, 2010

Morning Hunt at Jasper Bottom


Richard Lack took this picture of Ethan and I together Saturday before our hunt.  He told us that Sammy had shot an 8 point buck around 7:00 that morning but it ran off in the overflow of the Big Black River that has caused part of our hunting ground to go under water from the recents rains. Two of the hunters had to leave the camp to retrieve a boat to find the 8 pt.  Thankfully, it was found and had laid up on part of a higher ground.


Picture of Ethan walking into the woods to hunt with me.  I put him on F6 and I went to F5.  F6 is a newer stand that was built for this season and is the same one I shot my doe off of at 200 yards.  We stayed on our stands until 1:30 and came out.  We jumped a deer going in and I jumped one going to my stand.  It was a beautiful morning to hunt.  We did not see anything but enjoyed being in the woods with nature.

 Ethan in his stand F-6.

My stand up against a levee wall.



To to right and left of my stand.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...