A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Arrowhead and Pond Stands

The Arrowhead Stand is one of my favorite stands to hunt off of at the famous Christmas Place.  I have seen a lot of deer from this one tripod stand that sits in the middle of a huge field...one day I saw 18 in all.  This is the same stand I took pictures of a bobcat and a yearling suckling.  Last Saturday afternoon around 4:50, I did hear a hog squeal and thought any minute it would come up the hill from below, charging across the field, but nothing.  Later a possum came by to visit me and that was it.  Sunday morning Rex took me to the Pond Stand which is not far from the camp house.  On the way we passed by two dogs laying in the grass as we drove by them.  On the stand I saw two Mallard ducks (male and female) fly in and enjoyed watching them through my binoculars.  Later the two dogs that I had seen earlier walked across from the pond and faded into the woods.  I'm surprised that I did not see a hog since they love to wallow in the mud around the duck pond.   Regardless, it was a good hunt just to be in nature and enjoy the great outdoors! 

                      Decoy ducks in pond.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...