A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Monday, May 24, 2010

Backyard Flowers



This ant had to get in the picture!

A few years ago I received a lily for Easter and planted it in a huge pot in our backyard.  We really enjoy watching it bloom.  Here are a few pictures that I took over the weekend of the lily.  Also, when we moved to our "new" home back in April 1991, we brought our two year old magnolia tree and planted it in our backyard.  This year it's full of blooms.  I will post a picture of the magnolia (top picture) as soon as it is in full bloom. The magnolia was officially designated as the State Flower by the 1952 Legislature.

1 comment:

CDGardens said...

Very pretty...The Easter Lily is lovely and it makes it special when you can see it bloom repeatedly.

Magnolias are beautiful. My Grandmother had a shrub when I was young. It is now a tree.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...