A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Monday, June 21, 2010

Happy 20th Birthday Carl


I love this picture of my grandson Carl and I, with his very first deer, a 5 pt. buck. It was one of my happiest days that I will never forget. What a wonderful feeling to be with your grandson and see him harvest his first deer. It all happened on opening youth weekend of 2003 in Claiborne County at my hunting club, Jasper Bottom near the Big Black River. The deer weighed 150 lbs. and he used my .270 to make the nearly 100 yard shot. We were in an open box wood stand on top of a levee when it came across. Carl would have fallen off of his stool if I had not caught him and gave him a high five! After we waited about 20 minutes we got down to check on his deer and could not find it. The deer had scooted down the other side of the levee and I told Carl he would have to shoot again. He got down on one knee and made another shot. We gave each other another big high five! He also got his first doe a few years ago with my .270. Carl is 20 years old today and it's so hard to believe how much he has grown. Now he is taller than I am. Happy Birthday grandson! I love you very much and hope you have a wonderful and blessed birthday. Gran Gran :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...