Marian's Hunting Stories, etc., etc., etc...

Marian's Hunting Stories, etc., etc., etc...
Stories of my hunting experiences with family, friends or whatever else I want to blog about.

A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Article by Fred Messina, editor of "On Target Outdoors" from The Vicksburg Evening Post on Friday, January 19, 1990. Photo by Bob Phillips.

Bob Phillips came up the other day with a photo of his wife Marian and a deer she got on Brown's Point New Years Eve. The deer was an 8-point with 16 inches of inside spread that weighed in at 190 pounds. A nice trophy in anyone's book. However, the tale Bob told is that this was Marian's fourth deer this year and he claimed that he would have done better than he did if he had not spent so much time hauling Marian's deer out of the woods. Come off it, Bob. We all know who the hunter was.

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

My Deer, What Big Ears You Have!

My CamoSpace friend, Mike Johnson, aka, mrjbigfoot, sent me these pictures taken this month in his backyard.  Mike lives in Columbus, OH, and is an avid hunter and fisherman.  He also loves to take pictures of flowers.  He said that he got his nickname of mrjbigfoot because of the size 15 feet.  He carried the bigfoot name most of his youth because he grew up in a neighborhood with five other Mikes for friends so they all carried nicknames.  Appreciate Mike sharing photos with us of his great wild outdoors.     

5 comments:

Rick Kratzke said...

Those are a couple of very nice pictures especially the first one.

Shelby said...

Oh, I liiike it! I just posted some pictures of our fishing trip from the weekend. Feel free to check them out. :)

Marian Love Phillips said...

Will check out your fishing trip...Thanks for dropping by! :)

CDGardens said...

Beautiful! I have a doe and fawn hanging around my homestead and test deer plots. Love seeing them up close. ;)

Goon said...

I just saw one of these last weekend as well. It's nice to drive throught the wilderness or Prairie in my case and see all of the babies out with their moms (ducks, geese, deer).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...