A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Wednesday, December 01, 2010

With Stick In Hand

Bob coming to meet me after a morning hunt from a ground box stand.

My walking stick that was given to me by, Paul, who calls it the "Perfect Walking Stick" which he hand carved and finished himself.  Paul lives here in Vicksburg.   He burned my full name into the stick and is registered with a number.  

Bob with his stick that was purchased at Corner Drug Store downtown Vicksburg but was hand made by Mountainside Crafts in Tennessee.

3 comments:

CDGardens said...

I think walking sticks are great tools. Sure wish I would have had one last winter to poke around in some unstable snow before I stepped into it. ;)

Tristan Benette said...

Marian, you are just amazing. It's nice to see that you enjoy hiking in the woods at your age; and I can see that you're all geared up for that trip. Your walking stick is hand-made, huh? That's really clever. Good luck with your hiking trips!

Marian Ann Love said...

Thanks Tristian! My stick really helps my footing walking to my deer stand. My sick is handmade from a gentleman that lives here in Vicksburg and he gave it to me. My husband's stick was bought at Corner Drug Store downtown Vicksburg and was made in Tennessee. We have really enjoyed using them during hunting season. Thanks to you and CDGardens for commenting.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...