A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Saturday, February 05, 2011

Pickin' Cotton On Christmas Rd

After we left our friends at the famous Christmas Place we passed by a harvested field of cotton at the end of Christmas Road and stopped to take some pictures.  Bob got out and picked some for us to take home.  We live in a cypress house in the city and it's like bringing a little country home with us!  Here are a couple of pictures that I took while sitting in our truck.  I guess you might say...I'm a little bit country! Both pictures look almost like a painting to me!  



2 comments:

Bill Trussell said...

Marian
You are bringing back some memories here with the cotton fields. I was raised on a small farm in Choctaw County ( I think I told you that before ) anyway, my brothers and I pick cotton in our bottom field. My dad sold it at Ackerman. As times goes that memory does not seem far off, especially the older I get. It seems time passes faster as my wife and I get older--anyway thanks for sharing this cotton memory.

Marian Ann Love said...

Glad I was able to bring back some fond memories...my Mother told me that she used to pick cotton also. Wished I had asked her more questions about that. Time does pass faster the older you get...I wish I knew why...seems like you are having kids and then your kids are having kids and have lived long enough to see my GREATS...which is awesome in itself! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...