Marian's Hunting Stories, etc., etc., etc...

Marian's Hunting Stories, etc., etc., etc...
Stories of my hunting experiences with family, friends or whatever else I want to blog about.

A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Article by Fred Messina, editor of "On Target Outdoors" from The Vicksburg Evening Post on Friday, January 19, 1990. Photo by Bob Phillips.

Bob Phillips came up the other day with a photo of his wife Marian and a deer she got on Brown's Point New Years Eve. The deer was an 8-point with 16 inches of inside spread that weighed in at 190 pounds. A nice trophy in anyone's book. However, the tale Bob told is that this was Marian's fourth deer this year and he claimed that he would have done better than he did if he had not spent so much time hauling Marian's deer out of the woods. Come off it, Bob. We all know who the hunter was.

Saturday, February 05, 2011

Pickin' Cotton On Christmas Rd

After we left our friends at the famous Christmas Place we passed by a harvested field of cotton at the end of Christmas Road and stopped to take some pictures.  Bob got out and picked some for us to take home.  We live in a cypress house in the city and it's like bringing a little country home with us!  Here are a couple of pictures that I took while sitting in our truck.  I guess you might say...I'm a little bit country! Both pictures look almost like a painting to me!  



2 comments:

Bill Trussell said...

Marian
You are bringing back some memories here with the cotton fields. I was raised on a small farm in Choctaw County ( I think I told you that before ) anyway, my brothers and I pick cotton in our bottom field. My dad sold it at Ackerman. As times goes that memory does not seem far off, especially the older I get. It seems time passes faster as my wife and I get older--anyway thanks for sharing this cotton memory.

Marian Love Phillips said...

Glad I was able to bring back some fond memories...my Mother told me that she used to pick cotton also. Wished I had asked her more questions about that. Time does pass faster the older you get...I wish I knew why...seems like you are having kids and then your kids are having kids and have lived long enough to see my GREATS...which is awesome in itself! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...