Marian's Hunting Stories, etc., etc., etc...

Marian's Hunting Stories, etc., etc., etc...
Stories of my hunting experiences with family, friends or whatever else I want to blog about.

A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Article by Fred Messina, editor of "On Target Outdoors" from The Vicksburg Evening Post on Friday, January 19, 1990. Photo by Bob Phillips.

Bob Phillips came up the other day with a photo of his wife Marian and a deer she got on Brown's Point New Years Eve. The deer was an 8-point with 16 inches of inside spread that weighed in at 190 pounds. A nice trophy in anyone's book. However, the tale Bob told is that this was Marian's fourth deer this year and he claimed that he would have done better than he did if he had not spent so much time hauling Marian's deer out of the woods. Come off it, Bob. We all know who the hunter was.

Saturday, March 05, 2011

I Will Be Absent...


This post is to let my Blogger/Facebook friends know that I will be absent for awhile from posting. Approximately two weeks ago, I got bitten by a spider and ended up in the ER for treatment twice, plus Doctors' visits.  It looks like I will have to be hospitalized now to get my right leg to heal.  Hopefully, will be back up and running again soon. Until then...

9 comments:

NorCal Cazadora said...

Oh, Marian, that's awful! Godspeed!

LB @ BulletsandBiscuits said...

Spider bites are nothing to mess with...my brother almost lost his thumb due to a brown recluse bite. I am glad to hear your getting it taken care of! Get well soon!

Main Line Sportsman said...

Hope you have a speedy recovery!!

DeanO said...

God Bless - I will pray for you and a quick and full recovery.

CDGardens said...

I do hope the Dr.'s can get things under control for you. Speedy recovery! ;)

Joe said...

Good luck. We'll be thinking of you.

Bill Trussell said...

Marian
Take care of yourself---will be looking forward to more great post soon.

Tomi Huff said...

I'm glad you are taking care of yourself, Missy. I love you. Tomi

Greg said...

Hope you are better soon. Get well!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...