A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Sunday, July 17, 2011

It Happened Again!

The picture of my squirrel that shows up every morning while on my computer was published in The Vicksburg Post today.  

I sent it in last Monday and was happy to hear Bob say...you did it again!!!  

I posted about the squirrel last Friday week. Sometimes the paper may wait a month or two before publishing something you send in.  All and all, seven pictures were posted in the Classified Section of our Sunday's paper.  Showing in the section were two turtles, two caterpillars, a baby oriole and a humming sitting on a man's hand. They asked readers to give their best shot.  Also, photos should be current and of interest to the public, either because of their subject matter or their oddity, or the photographic skill shown.  You have to also summit a caption for your picture.  

Under my picture it read, Marian Love Phillips said this squirrel friend shows up nearly every day as she sits just inside the window.  Of course, I'm on my computer blogging away and it's so nice to not have to get up and go outside to photograph something.  

I will wait a couple of weeks and send in a picture of Allie Cat with her mouth wide open that I posted the other day sitting exactly where the squirrel was.  It may or may not go in the paper but you never know unless you try.  Not all of my pictures have been published but I'm so happy for the ones that have been.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...