Marian's Hunting Stories, etc., etc., etc...

Marian's Hunting Stories, etc., etc., etc...
Stories of my hunting experiences with family, friends or whatever else I want to blog about.

A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Article by Fred Messina, editor of "On Target Outdoors" from The Vicksburg Evening Post on Friday, January 19, 1990. Photo by Bob Phillips.

Bob Phillips came up the other day with a photo of his wife Marian and a deer she got on Brown's Point New Years Eve. The deer was an 8-point with 16 inches of inside spread that weighed in at 190 pounds. A nice trophy in anyone's book. However, the tale Bob told is that this was Marian's fourth deer this year and he claimed that he would have done better than he did if he had not spent so much time hauling Marian's deer out of the woods. Come off it, Bob. We all know who the hunter was.

Monday, December 12, 2011

What A Fantastic View!

What a fantastic view - at a new angle!

My sister, Laura, had her birthday party Saturday afternoon at the home of my nephew, Joey's, girlfriend near the bridges.  What I would give to have a view like this out my window everyday!  As you know, I love taking pictures of the towboats going up and down the Mississippi River.  I was so excited when I saw how close we were and was able to take some pictures before it got too dark. Above is towboat, J. Russell Flowers, pushing a barge just passing under the I-20/Old Hwy 80 bridges loaded with coal going south.  

Princess, her pit bull, was in the backyard.  

I zoomed in and got towboat, Joe Bobzien, passing under the bridges from her front living room window.  

A small supply boat catching up to deliver groceries to towboat, Joe Bobzien.  

My great niece, Anna Claire, Chris, brother-in-law and sister being handed her cake to blow out her candles by her son Joey, my nephew.  My husband, Bob, sitting in chair out-of-view.

The bridges are all lit up like a Christmas tree after sundown.  She's also a deer hunter and told me that deer are always in her yard walking around within the city limits.  Her 10 year old son is also a hunter and puzzled why he cannot shoot them!

3 comments:

Michael said...

Thank you SO MUCH for your effort in posting this magnificent view! Really Great! Congratulations!!!

Marian Love Phillips said...

Thanks Michael...glad you liked it! I have lived here all my life and getting older really makes you appreciate life and things around you more. You are so busy raising a family that you turn around one day and your family has grown up and left home. Now the grandchildren are having kids...and life goes on.
PS: I was really pleased with the pit bull pix.

Lindsjö taxar said...

Nice pictures of your view. Your question. It´s different but mostly they are about 3 meters high.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...