A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Monday, January 16, 2012

An Afternoon Hunt


When I got out of my hunting club, Jasper Bottom, after 25 years, I had my deer stand moved to my granddaughter and her hubby's land south of town.  Have hunted it several times but have never seen a deer off of it.  My grandson, Carl, did see one but missed it a couple of years ago. Yesterday, was the same, no deer, but it was alright. I enjoy just sitting on my stand and watching nature go by. I only saw two squirrels playing and a lot of birds and that was it.  While on the stand I did hear a few shots from some lucky hunters.  Bob, my husband, hunted on the edge of a creek bed on the opposite side of the land in his one-man stand.  He did not see anything either but we both enjoyed a sunny afternoon hunt.  Afterwards, we visited with family and watched my great grandson, Ian, roasting marshmallows with his two playmates on the front porch.  He was having a blast!

In front of me...

Where the squirrels were playing going up and down this tree in front of me.

To the right side of me...

Behind me where I walked  in...

Looking through my scope hoping for the squirrels to come down and play some more!  ;)  
.  
Bob with Jamie before the hunt.

GOODHUNTING (Two Dogs Tall) Bob!

3 comments:

Lindsjö taxar said...

Interesting to see the woods. It´s very different in that we hunt as you know. Sorry that the deers didn´t show up. How long time can you hunt the deers? This month??

Long Ridge Deer Camp said...

That looks like a good spot Marian! Glad you enjoyed it! Jack

Marian Ann Love said...

@ Lindsjo taxar - Wednesday is the last day of rifle season and then muzzle load (primitive weapons) till the end of the month. That's it!

@ Long Ridge Deer Camp - It does look like a good spot but did not show up but enjoyed being in the woods anyway! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...