Marian's Hunting Stories, etc., etc., etc...

Marian's Hunting Stories, etc., etc., etc...
Stories of my hunting experiences with family, friends or whatever else I want to blog about.

A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Article by Fred Messina, editor of "On Target Outdoors" from The Vicksburg Evening Post on Friday, January 19, 1990. Photo by Bob Phillips.

Bob Phillips came up the other day with a photo of his wife Marian and a deer she got on Brown's Point New Years Eve. The deer was an 8-point with 16 inches of inside spread that weighed in at 190 pounds. A nice trophy in anyone's book. However, the tale Bob told is that this was Marian's fourth deer this year and he claimed that he would have done better than he did if he had not spent so much time hauling Marian's deer out of the woods. Come off it, Bob. We all know who the hunter was.

Monday, January 16, 2012

An Afternoon Hunt


When I got out of my hunting club, Jasper Bottom, after 25 years, I had my deer stand moved to my granddaughter and her hubby's land south of town.  Have hunted it several times but have never seen a deer off of it.  My grandson, Carl, did see one but missed it a couple of years ago. Yesterday, was the same, no deer, but it was alright. I enjoy just sitting on my stand and watching nature go by. I only saw two squirrels playing and a lot of birds and that was it.  While on the stand I did hear a few shots from some lucky hunters.  Bob, my husband, hunted on the edge of a creek bed on the opposite side of the land in his one-man stand.  He did not see anything either but we both enjoyed a sunny afternoon hunt.  Afterwards, we visited with family and watched my great grandson, Ian, roasting marshmallows with his two playmates on the front porch.  He was having a blast!

In front of me...

Where the squirrels were playing going up and down this tree in front of me.

To the right side of me...

Behind me where I walked  in...

Looking through my scope hoping for the squirrels to come down and play some more!  ;)  
.  
Bob with Jamie before the hunt.

GOODHUNTING (Two Dogs Tall) Bob!

3 comments:

Lindsjö taxar said...

Interesting to see the woods. It´s very different in that we hunt as you know. Sorry that the deers didn´t show up. How long time can you hunt the deers? This month??

Long Ridge Deer Camp said...

That looks like a good spot Marian! Glad you enjoyed it! Jack

Marian Love Phillips said...

@ Lindsjo taxar - Wednesday is the last day of rifle season and then muzzle load (primitive weapons) till the end of the month. That's it!

@ Long Ridge Deer Camp - It does look like a good spot but did not show up but enjoyed being in the woods anyway! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...