A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Tuesday, January 03, 2012

North Cornfield Afternoon Hunt

I have hunted this stand before and was excited to get another chance to go to it.  It has a beautiful view of  the fields and the hills surrounding the famous Christmas Place. Bob, my husband, killed a deer and a hog from it.  The above picture is right up against the hills where three deer soon came out. A huge doe, nice buck (took a picture) and a culled deer.  I chose not to shoot the doe and just enjoyed watching her.  She kept looking towards the front field and I'm thinking maybe a bigger buck was close by the way she was acting.  All of a sudden she and the culled deer turned and went back the way they came out and the bigger buck leaped into the tall grass and watched him disappeared.  Later, I heard the sound of a buck grunt and saw two more does.  Then a shot!  Bob was hunting the South Cornfield and shot one of six deer.  Later, saw him with the flashlight looking for it but unfortunately did not find it.  While he was looking, I barely saw three more does come out in the field and soon they were spooked by the flashlight. 

Looking out the window to the right at the grand view.  

I was pleasantly surprised to see another Bodock Tree with a fruit ball on the ground next to the stand.

A nice buck walked out.  The doe was already in front of him.  The culled deer came in behind him.

As the sun was setting the pink clouds made a beautiful curvy design in the sky.  

North Cornfield Stand

End of another great hunting day at the famous Christmas Place Plantation and Hunting Club!

2 comments:

Lindsjö taxar said...

What a great hunting you have been to. NIce shoots to.
Very interesting to read how you hunt over there.
You never hunt does with dogs like we do?

Marian Ann Love said...

Thanks Lindsjo taxar...yes,in MS you have a certain time you can run dogs but I would rather have a still hunt any day. I have hunted with dogs a long time ago. A member would bring his dogs and let them out and they would get the scent of a deer and run it.

DeanO - Thank you for the compliment...I love taking pictures of the outdoors. I may enter the last pix in our newspaper and see if they will published it. We have two deer so far and I hope it will hold us till next season.

Thanks for coming by you guys! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...