A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Friday, January 20, 2012

An Old Cemetery Statue and A Camel


On  January 14, 2012, I met my sister and nephew at the Vicksburg Cedar Hill Cemetery to visit our brother/father's grave.  It was his birthday and he would have been 67 years old.  Before we left I took the picture above and did not know that I had captured a bird-in-flight until I downloaded it on my computer. Below, my nephew showed us the spot where "Douglas", the camel, headstone was in the cemetery.  I have heard about "Douglas" but did not know the actual place of the headstone. It so happened that my nephew helped put the marker in the ground to commemorate a "war hero" of the Civil War that was fought during the Siege of Vicksburg.    




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...