A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Hog Hunt



The 3rd Annual Hog Hunt is being held at the famous Christmas Place Plantation and Hunting Club on the edge of the MS Delta this weekend.  As Rex (Deer Camp Blog) puts it, the camp is surrounded by these nasty crazy hogs and are attacking anything that moves.  The guys are up there now trying to eradicate some of them with bullets and whiskey!  Thought I would post a hog hunt with bows which is very hard to do.  I would have to use my .270 to get one.  I almost came close to getting a hog in December 2011 while deer hunting.  I walked in to the Arrowhead stand and as soon as I sat down I heard a noise in the woods and it was a hog!  I lost my chance that time but hope to have a hog hanging at the pole this year with my name on it.

4 comments:

CDGardens said...

I wish all the Hog eradicators success this weekend.

Wishing you a successful hunt when the chance arises.

Lindsjö taxar said...

http://professional.player.qbrick.com/player.aspx?mid=BB86105F

here is a video from Swedish hog hung. Hope the link will work. Otherwise check out www.jaktplay.se there are several different videos from hunting in Sweden

Marian Ann Love said...

I hope they had a great hog hunt as well and hope I can get one before long.

Lindsjo taxar - will check out the video from Sweden. Thanks for sharing! :)

Alex Galletti said...

Here's to hoping that the hunt is a success. Hunting for hog seems to be pretty fun. Using a bow would be pretty tricky, though. On the other hand, a gun is no different since you need to be careful when there are wild hogs running around...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...