A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Friday, May 18, 2012

M/V Bruce Darst Heading South

This past Wednesday while I was out and about, I drove by the Louisiana overlook and as soon as I pulled up, I saw a towboat coming.  There is a big tree blocking the view of the MS River that I wished they would cut down.  It sure would help the visibility of the river plus the view.

Scenic view of the M/V Bruce Darst as it passes by the Vicksburg Riverfront Park below.

M/V Towboat Bruce Darst making it's way past Vicksburg.

 A small boat coming up behind M/V Bruce Darst.

M/V Bruce Darst going under Hwy 80 and I-20 bridges.


Small boat may be taking food supplies to the M/V Bruce Darst as it makes it way down south with it's loaded barges. 
Two birds flew by to visit me! 

2 comments:

Bruce said...

Enjoyed seeing the pictures of the M/V Bruce Darst. My name is Bruce Darst and the boat was named for me in 2005, a big honor for an old rowboat guy.
Thanks
Bruce Darst

Marian Ann Love said...

Bruce - Thanks for dropping by. It is a big honor to have a towboat named after you...my congrats and so glad you got to see it going down the Mississippi River. I'm so happy to share it with you! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...