A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

A Sweet Smelling Magnolia



I took these pictures this morning in our backyard of a very sweet smelling magnolia bloom.  We have two Magnolia trees and this one is located near the back wooden fence.  We moved this tree from Springridge Drive after it had been in the ground for 2 years at that location.  We were flooded out from a subdivision and FEMA bought the house/homes and was torn down.  We save this tree and a Japanese Magnolia tree that we also put in the backyard.  The other magnolia tree is located at the side gate entrance to the backyard.  I planted it from a seedling that was in our front flower bed. I was surprised it took off and is almost as tall as the one near the back fence.  I also planted a cedar tree from a seedling from the front flower bed and put it in the backyard.  It really makes for a very shady area, which I like.   

This is the same magnolia before it blossomed.  It had been raining a few days ago and after the rain I took this picture.  I really like the way the raindrops are laying on the bulb.  I may enter this one in an art photography showing this fall with the Vicksburg Art Association.  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...