A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Ashley's First Bear!


My hunting friend, Linda, "Sunshine" who lives in Mount Vernon, ME, sent me pictures of her daughter, Ashley, with her very first bear.  She was hunting with her Dad, "Bob" in New Brunswick and used a 7mm 08 to bring it down.  The bear weighed 130 lbs. 

Ashley is shown here with her Dad and you can see by the look on his face how proud he is of her accomplishments.  She is also an avid deer and turkey hunter and have posted pictures of her hunts.  

Her Mom, a deer hunter herself, and I met about 13 years ago on a forum called, bowhunting.net and have stayed in touch all these years.  

My sincere congrats to Ashley at 16 years old harvesting her very first bear in our great wild outdoors!  Way to go Ashley!  

2 comments:

Long Ridge Deer Camp said...

Look at that smile!

Theresa said...

Those are great pictures! I am sure papa is so proud of Ashley. She looks so young to have downed the big bear like that. I see one proud daddy over there. I bet she would have some trinkets from The Best Hunting Knife Sale tucked somewhere around her tool box. I hope to see more of Ashley’s adventure.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...